- 200 g macaroni
- 125 ml low-fat milk
- ½ cup brown lentils
- ½ tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup carrots, chopped small
- ½ onion, chopped (an alternative of green peppers/spring onion can be used if desired)
- small can of chopped tomatoes
- Cook macaroni in salted water, slightly undercooked. It will continue to cook in step 5. Strain and set aside.
- Cook brown lentils and carrots in salted water. About 10-15 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Add oil to a pan and fry the chopped onions and garlic.
- Add cooked brown lentils, macaroni, canned tomatoes, a pinch of salt, cumin, curry powder, bay leaves to the onion and garlic mix.
- Add water as needed.
- Simmer till all ingredients are warm.
- Serve and enjoy!